This is an increasingly unique practice which is fully committed to independent ownership providing us with the flexibility to deliver the high standard of patient and client care that we want to, each and every day.
Our practice values are Clinical excellence, Adaptability, Respect, Education and Sustainability.
We have two positions available in our small animal department: the first is based at our RCVS Hospital, ISFM Cat Friendly clinic in Ripon; the second is supporting branch service provision at the Northallerton and Easingwold branches. Applications are welcome from all levels of experience, including newly graduated colleagues, and both part time and full time hours (4 day working week with weekend clinics and OOH duties equally shared) would be considered. We have dedicated night vets who cover the weekday night shifts.
We have an amazing team of 16 FTE vets, supported by excellent, experienced and qualified nurses. We have a wealth of existing experience in the team with Advanced Practitioners in medicine, surgery, dermatology, ophthalmology and general practice. We encourage and fund personal development and want to help you grow and deliver your expanding skillset. The practice is well-equipped with video endoscopy, laparoscopic kit (including diathermy), fully integrated internal lab facilities, visiting MRI and CT scanners and separate dog, cat and isolation facilities.
The practice is in a beautiful semi-rural setting in the cathedral city of Ripon. Ripon is well serviced in all areas, but specifically has a choice of excellent schools. From Ripon, both the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors national parks are on the immediate doorstep. We have a loyal and expanding client base who are largely insured and want to form lasting bonds with their trusted vet making for a rewarding professional relationship.
Veterinary Team Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 5 working weeks annual leave plus 8 recognised Bank Holidays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year at a choice of local charities
- RCVS, VDS, BVA and one other professional membership paid
- 5 days CPD and £1500 budget per annum with
- further training/certifications encouraged
- Private Health Care insurance
- The 'People’s Pension' pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme subject to eligibility
- ‘Medicash’ medical cash plan
- ‘Perkbox’ perks, recognition and discounts
- Social/Team events throughout the year (including Summer BBQ and Christmas Party)
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme for a wide range of information and advice across a range of topics.
- Fruit Monday and Cake Friday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Staff pet discount scheme
If you are a team player who has the motivation and commitment to make a difference then please apply with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To discuss the position in more detail contact Ian McClive on 01765 602396 or via the email address above. Closing date: 17th June 2022