This is an increasingly unique practice which is fully committed to independent ownership providing us with the flexibility to deliver the high standard of patient and client care that we want to, each and every day.
Our practice values are Clinical excellence, Adaptability, Respect, Education and Sustainability.
We have a position available in our small animal department, with a strong surgical bias, which is based at our RCVS Hospital, ISFM Cat Friendly clinic in Ripon. Full-time and part-time applications are welcome. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking a proactive approach to managing surgical workflow on a daily basis to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the theatre and diagnostic suites. In addition to routine procedures, this will also involve supporting our three surgical certificate holders in the delivery of soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery, requiring a forward-looking approach to ensure the timely ordering and sterilization of the necessary equipment. This position will involve an equal share of OOHs and weekend working, with dedicated night nurses covering the majority of weekday night shifts; and participation in other areas of veterinary nursing will be required in accordance with rota needs, including medical and practice nursing.
The practice is well-equipped with digital x-ray, video endoscopy, laparoscopic kit (including diathermy), fully integrated internal lab facilities, visiting MRI and CT scanners and separate dog, cat and isolation facilities.
We encourage and fund personal development and want to help you grow and deliver your expanding skillset.
From the semi-rural, cathedral city of Ripon, both the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors national parks are on the immediate doorstep. Ripon is well-serviced in all departments, but specifically with an excellent choice of schools. We have a loyal and expanding client base who are largely insured and want to form lasting bonds, making for a rewarding professional relationship.
Veterinary Nursing Team Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 31 days holiday (includes 8 Bank Holidays)
- 1 paid volunteering day per year at a choice of local charities
- RCVS, VDS and BVNA membership paid
- 2 days CPD and £350 budget per annum with further training/certifications encouraged
- Aviva Private Health Care insurance
- The 'People’s Pension' pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme subject to eligibility
- ‘Medicash’ medical cash plan
- ‘Perkbox’ perks and recognition scheme
- Social/Team events throughout the year (including Summer BBQ and Christmas Party)
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme for a wide range of information and advice across a range of topics.
- Fruit Monday and Cake Friday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Staff pet discount scheme
If you are a team player who has the motivation and commitment to make a difference then please apply with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To discuss the position in more detail contact Evi Collard on 07534 601379 or via the email address above.
Closing date: 20th August 2021.