This is an increasingly unique practice which is fully committed to independent ownership providing us with the flexibility to deliver the high standard of patient and client care that we want to, each and every day.
Our practice values are Clinical excellence, Adaptability, Respect, Education and Sustainability.
We have a full-time position available in our small animal department, which is based at our RCVS Hospital, ISFM Cat Friendly clinic in Ripon. The role involves all aspects of veterinary nursing (surgical, medical and practice nursing) and includes an equal share of weekend and OOH duties. We have our own dedicated night team who cover the majority of weekday nights.
Our amazing team of 15 FTE nurses, support our 14 small animal vets. We have a wealth of existing experience in the team, including nurses with additional qualifications in medical nursing, surgery and nutrition. Our vets include Advanced Practitioners in medicine, surgery, dermatology, ophthalmology and general practice. We encourage and fund personal development and want to help you grow and deliver your expanding skillset. The practice is well-equipped with digital x-ray, video endoscopy, fully integrated internal lab facilities, visiting MRI and CT scanners and separate dog, cat and isolation facilities.Committed to long term livestock farming.
From the semi-rural, cathedral city of Ripon, both the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors national parks are on the immediate doorstep. Ripon is well-serviced in all departments, but specifically with an excellent choice of schools. We have a loyal and expanding client base who are largely insured and want to form lasting bonds, making for a rewarding professional relationship.
Veterinary Nursing Team Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 31 days holiday (includes 8 Bank Holidays)
- 1 paid volunteering day per year at a choice of local charities
- RCVS, VDS, BVNA and 1 other professional membership paid
- 2 days CPD and £350 budget per annum with further training/certifications encouraged
- Aviva Private Health Care insurance
- The 'People’s Pension' pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme subject to eligibility
- ‘Medicash’ medical cash plan
- ‘Perkbox’ perks and recognition scheme
- Social/Team events throughout the year (including Summer BBQ and Christmas Party)
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme for a wide range of information and advice across a range of topics
- Fruit Monday and Cake Friday Cycle to Work scheme Staff pet discount scheme
If you are a team player who has the motivation and commitment to make a difference then please apply with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. To discuss the position in more detail contact Evi Collard on 07534 601379 or via the email address above.
Closing date: 20th August 2021