This is an increasingly unique practice which is fully committed to independent ownership providing us with the flexibility to deliver the high standard of patient and client care that we want to, each and every day.
We have a part-time position available for 2-3 days/week in our small animal department, which is based at our RCVS Hospital, ISFM Cat Friendly clinic in Ripon. The role involves performing nursing consultations to provide a variety of medical and preventative care to our small animal patients and advice to our clients, including: weight clinics, post-op checks, redresses, dental care and veterinary support, such as vet-requested repeat injections and blood sampling. A training opportunity in basic canine behaviour management will also be available, including puppy socialization/handling and case triage. Complex cases are referred externally to our recommended IMDT referral trainers.
We have an amazing team of 18 FTE nurses, including 2 practice nurses, supporting our 16 small animal vets. We have a wealth of existing experience in the team, including certificate-holders in medical nursing, surgery and nutrition. Our vets include Advanced Practitioners in medicine, surgery, dermatology, ophthalmology and general practice. We encourage and fund personal development and want to help you develop your expanding skillset. The practice is well-equipped with digital x-ray, video endoscopy (including diathermy), fully integrated internal lab facilities, visiting MRI and CT scanners and separate dog, cat and isolation facilities.
From the semi-rural, cathedral city of Ripon, both the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors national parks are on the immediate doorstep. Ripon is well-serviced in all departments, but specifically with an excellent choice of schools. We have a loyal and expanding client base who are largely insured and want to form lasting bonds, making for a rewarding professional relationship.
Veterinary Nursing Team Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 31 days holiday (includes 8 Bank Holidays)
- 1 paid volunteering day per year at a choice of
- local charities
- RCVS, VDS and BVNA memberships paid
- 2 days CPD and £350 budget per annum with
- further training/certifications encouraged
- ‘Perkbox’ discounts and recognition scheme
- ‘Medicash’ medical cash plan
- Private Health Care insurance
- The 'People’s Pension' pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme subject to eligibility
- Social/Team events throughout the year
- (including Summer BBQ and Christmas Party)
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme for a wide range of information and advice across a range of topics.
- Fruit Monday and Cake Friday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Staff pet discount scheme
If you are a team player who has the motivation and commitment to make a difference then please
apply with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. To discuss the position in more detail contact Evi Collard on 01765 602396 or via the email address above.
Closing date: 17th December 2021.