Heath Equine Veterinary Practice is an independently owned ambulatory equine practice that opened at the end of 2020. Our clientele is focused around beautiful North Shropshire, West Cheshire and The Welsh Borders. Our aim is to provide outstanding veterinary care to all of our patients. Since opening last year, we have been fortunate to have received an overwhelmingly positive response, and are now growing our team further.
As an independent practice, we recognise the need for career progression and want to look after staff so they choose to stay with us. We have created an open and friendly environment, providing a personal and compassionate service tailored to client's needs. We are looking for vets who not only strive to maintain our high standards but embrace our philosophy and core values. Providing a consistent high level of service to our clients is paramount. We would like to create the following positions for suitable applicants:-
- Role 1: Full time position for an experienced vet - experience in racehorse work would be advantageous. Working up your own cases is encouraged, but full support is available as required.
- Role 2: Full time 'Intern' position that would suit a less experienced vet who has preferably undertaken a hospital- based internship or a period of time in equine practice, and would like develop their clinical skills in a supported ambulatory setting. They will work independently, and under the guidance of a European Diploma holder and multiple Certificate holders within the practice, and will therefore be involved in more advanced case work-ups with experienced clinicians.
We have diverse range of clients from pleasure horses to flat and national hunt racing yards, which makes for interesting and varied work. We have portable digital radiography (Quattro Slate), ultrasound (Logic E Scanner), Endoscopy (MedVeiw Upper airway endoscope and gastroscope), Neovet shockwave and battery operated dental gear plus nurse/vet tech support to provide services on yard.
We are looking for vets who are 'people people' with solid communication skills and a real passion for patient and client care. Our practice strives to be friendly and approachable, with a strong team work ethic, so we are looking for like minded people.
- Full time, permanent: 5 days a week, one weekday night on call, 1 in 5 weekend OOH rota
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company vehicle, phone and iPad
- Flexible CPD allowance
- VDS cover
- RCVS membership
- BEVA membership
- Workplace pension scheme
- We are XLVets members and therefore also benefit from sharing of ideas and experience, have access to excellent CPD, forums and practice collaboration.
Remuneration will reflect experience/skill set (salary bracket 30K - 50K full time). There are also potential profit share/shareholding options available for the right candidate, a rare opportunity in the increasing corporate scene.
As a new and independent practice, this is a unique and exciting opportunity, and there are a breadth of opportunities for the right vets. Individual interests and involvement in the development of the practice will be encouraged. If you want to do good quality first opinion equine work, with a supportive team and to live in a beautiful part of the country we would love to hear from you.
Candidates must be registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter outlining their interest and suitability for this post to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2021. For more information or informal enquiries please do not hesitate to get in touch with Merete Hass (07759 123 666) or Kathy Duncan (07738 616 105).