Duration: 2 days.
Delegates: All staff in a position of training, teaching or coaching.
Overview: For those who are new to presenting, uncomfortable about the prospect, or would like to refresh their skills. An opportunity to build confidence and develop your skills, providing participants with the chance to practice in a safe environment with positive feedback from their peers and the trainer.
Over 600 XLVets community members have attended the course since partnering with AtLast Training.
Those who have attended the course testify that the people skills and indeed life skills learned have helped them communicate with the whole team back at the practice. This course is also a must for those who wish to eventually register as a Lantra Awards Instructor and present Lantra approved courses (further two days training required via the Advanced Train the Trainer course).
- Planning the content; writing training objectives, analysing skills and preparing instruction plans.
- Delivering training – preparation and practice leading to a more confident performance.
- Engagement; the use of questions to involve learners.
- Learning Styles; self evaluation, and appreciation of other styles.
- Creating and using visual aids for impact.
- Comparing results to objectives.
- Encouraging self – assessment.
Content: Non clinical.
Included: One night's accommodation, breakfast, lunch on both days and evening meal.
Trainer: Vince Holley and Janis Threlkeld, AtLast Training
‘Very good course, helpful and re-structured the way I approach training.’
Chris Watton at Rutland Veterinary Centre
‘I have been to many courses over the past 25 years - this has been one of the best and most memorable!’.
Rita Dingwall at Cliffe Equine Vets
‘The course was exceedingly well run and engaging.’
Emma Newton at Priory Vet Group