Duration: 5 days, 2 modules.
Delegates: Anyone with team management responsibilities.
Overview: Ensure you get the most from your team by developing your understanding of leadership theory, the psychology of communication and it's practical application when returning to practice. Whilst developing core leadership skills, such as coaching to help you to manage your leadership ‘energy’.
with the opportunity to gain the Institute of Leadership and Management Level 3 award.
The programme aims to improve leadership skills, knowledge and confidence. Delegates will learn how to deal with conflict and difficult situations, as well as what to do when teams aren’t functioning well together. The course content is adapted from day-to-day to suit the emerging needs and learning speeds and styles of the delegates.
Module 1 (3 days):
- Building the team: Understanding self and others through teamwork and psychological models. The psychology of communication.
- Leadership theory and practice: Understanding the functions and styles of leadership and workplace application of skills and knowledge.
- Reflection and feedback: How to apply skills and knowledge in the workplace. Further leadership practice.
Module 2 (2 days):
- Coaching: Theory and practice of coaching skills that will be used to get the best out of individual members of the team.
- Delegate led day: The opportunity for the delegates to set the agenda for the day from a range of options; more coaching, theory recap, team problem solving, action planning, practical leadership practice.
Content: Non clinical.
Included: Three nights accommodation, evening meals and lunch each day.
Trainer: The Brathay Trust - a charitable organisation delivering innovative learning that instils behavioural change.
ILM- Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management
The programme can be used to gain the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management. This is a nationally recognised leadership qualification. It will require participants to carry out two assignments, which will be practically applicable within your practice. An additional cost of £572 + VAT is required for marking the project and registering with the ILM.
‘Changed my perception of what I can and can’t do’.
Lyndsay Hughes at Drove Veterinary Hospital.
‘I have taken away a lot of information that will positively influence changes to be implemented in the workforce’.
Nicola Mellor at Bishopton Vets
‘Find the leader you didn't know you were.’
Helen Patterson at Scott Mitchell and Associates.