Duration: 2 days.
Delegates: All team members that have attended the Train the Trainer course.
Overview: Anyone who wishes to instruct courses, including those which combine practical and classroom skills, or be able to deliver Lantra Awards Courses. Learners must first have completed the Train the Trainer course.
with the opportunity to become a Lantra Awards Instructor.
This two-day workshop is available for anyone who is enthusiastic about helping trainees to learn or who wishes to register as a Lantra Awards Instructor and present Lantra approved courses. Those who have attended the course testify that the people skills and indeed life skills learned have helped them communicate with the whole team back at the practice.
- Planning training content: Writing objectives, analysing skills and preparing instruction plans.
- Delivering training: Preparation and practice that leads to a more confident performance.
- Managing learner practice time: Organisation and motivation of learners to ensure they get the maximum benefit from the session.
- Engagement: The use of questions to involve learners.
- Error correction: Using learner’s errors to maximise the learning.
- Learning styles: Self-evaluation and appreciation of other styles.
- Creating and using visual aids for impact.
- Dealing with the difficult candidate.
- Facilitating in a classroom environment.
- Comparing results to objectives.
- Encouraging self-assessment.
The course gives participants the opportunity to practice in a safe environment with positive feedback from their peers and the Trainer.
Content: Non Clinical.
Included: One night's accommodation, breakfast, evening meal and lunch on both days.
Trainer: Vince Holley and Janis Threlkeld, AtLast Training
Lantra Awards Instructor Award:
A must for anyone who wishes to be able to deliver Lantra Awards Courses or instruct courses which combine practical and classroom skills. Candidates will be assessed by observation only and need to achieve a pass standard to meet one of the requirements of becoming a Lantra Awards Instructor. Note: there is no written examination or assignments to complete.
‘An excellent course regardless of whether you have years of training experience or a complete novice’.
Zoe Stewart at DS McGregor and Partners
‘Outstanding. A practical and challenging 2 days full of learning that will be of use today, tomorrow and into the future.’
Ken Wilson at DS McGregor and Partners