Here at Paragon Veterinary Group, we have an opportunity for an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon to join our expanding team of small animal vets at our busy mixed practice, based in Cumbria, on the edge of the Lake District.
We are keen to welcome a new or recently qualified vet to our team of experienced clinicians, including a number of certificate holders, and RVN's. We offer a structured graduate programme to ensure the successful candidate is fully supported, including enrolment on the XLVets graduate training programme. Full time position available, 4.5 days per week, with share of out of hours, 1 in 6. RCVS, BVA and VDS paid. CPD encouraged. Salary £30K+
Who we are
Paragon Veterinary Group is an independent mixed practice, across 3 sites, situated in Cumbria, on the edge of the Lake District.
Our key values include client care and clinical excellence, and we are looking for an additional small animal clinician to become part of our team of 7 vets and 6 nurses and continue our teamwork ethos.
What the programme offers
- A mentor for your support, with regular time scheduled for meetings on a monthly basis, tailored to your needs
- Regular meetings with your line manager
- Structured in practice learning, building experience with both medical and surgical cases as well as consult skills
- Introduction to a 1:6 out of hours rota, with an experienced vet as support and an experienced RVN
- No sole charge, until you are ready
- Regular team meetings, with vets and nurses
- Support from the friendly small animal team of vets, nurses and support staff
- Access to the usual mod cons: digital x-ray, blood machines, ultrasound, endoscopy, in purpose built in-patient facilities
- Set time per month for self learning
- Working within a GDP registered practice
- Enrolment on the XLVets graduate training programme, providing external support, both clinical and non-clinical for a 2 year period
What Paragon Veterinary Group offers
- A 4.5 day week, with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Private medical insurance and employer pension contributions.
- RCVS membership
- BVA membership, plus one other membership funded
- VDS indemnity cover
- Employee assistance program
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via phone or email, with Lorna or Graham. 01228 710208
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to lorna.roberts@paragonvet.