Larkmead Vets is a privately owned Practice, based in South Oxfordshire, with locations in Cholsey, Didcot, Great Western Park, Benson, Sutton Courtenay & Wantage, with excellent links to the M4 and M40, with fast-track trains to London Paddington on our doorstep. Our full hospital facilities allow for career development in a wide range of disciplines with funded CPD and full support given.
The Graduate Programme has run for many years and is hugely successful, allowing a smooth, supported, lead into the working world. Working closely with the XLVets group, all Graduates join their training programme, alongside having their own mentor in house. The Larkmead Team are friendly and welcoming and very used to helping new colleagues.
We are looking for graduates to start on August 19th, 2024. The rota is a 4-day working week with OOH and weekends gently eased into with support. Larkmead will pay for your professional indemnity cover with the Veterinary Defence Society, RCVS membership and membership of a relevant society (e.g., BSAVA or BVA).
A full driving licence is essential to work across all of our practices.
Shared modern, fully furnished, reasonably priced, accommodation inclusive of bills, is available locally.
- To perform routine clinical veterinary work covering all species of small animals, birds and reptiles commonly kept as pets
- Competence in basic small animal surgical procedures
- Confidently deal with clients and colleagues through phone/mail and face to face
- To promote Larkmead Vets in a professional manner on and off the premises
- To keep up to date with changes/ advances in veterinary medicine and take responsibility for identifying relevant training needs
- To take responsibility for keeping client records updated.
- To liaise with work colleagues – veterinary, nursing and support staff in a professional manner
- To inform owners of laboratory results in a clear and timely way when necessary.
- To provide help and guidance to the nursing staff regarding in-patient care
- To help with the training and development of other team members, both through practical training and sharing of knowledge gained via CPD.
- To be actively involved in XLVets
- To give presentations/ assist in client education through writing the newsletter, discussion groups, waiting room displays etc
- Must be willing to perform out-of-hours cover to assure animal welfare as per the small animal team rota.
- To help achieve the development of Larkmead Vets business practices and commercial services and support the Larkmead values.
- To attend team and practice meetings as required
- To abide by the code of conduct issued by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Funded CPD & Professional Subscriptions
- Profit-related bonus scheme
- Generous pet discount scheme
- Long Service Loyalty Awards
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption, & Paternity Packages
- Staff social activities
- Annual flu vaccination
- Free refreshments
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com to apply