Hook Norton Veterinary Group is an independent practice which offers dedicated equine, farm and small animal care across the beautiful Cotswolds. Our main tier-3 RCVS accredited Hospital is based on the outskirts of Hook Norton with a further 3 branches based within the surrounding area. We are a proud founding member of XLVets and always strive for excellence in practice.
We have an immediate, permanent vacancy for a qualified Equine Nurse based at Hook Norton to join our friendly 8 vet/ 4 nurse equine team with a mixture of interests and specialties. Full time, 40 hours per week + 1:5 OOH.
You would be part of a dedicated nursing team who not only ensure the welfare of our animals but take pride in delivering clinical care to the highest standard whilst maintaining a professional and friendly service to clients. The role includes all aspects of general yard duties, x-rays, scanning, theatre, lab processing and assisting the vets when in clinic/on call and out on the road too. You would have the chance to work with a variety of different horses and learn from the very best including supporting a European Specialist, Jessica Kidd in theatre. As a large, mixed practice, there is also the opportunity to step out of the equine ring and help out our friendly Farm Team.
- Equine nurse qualification
- General nurse experience within a similar environment
- Ability to hit the ground running, self motivated and confident
- Diligent and a team player
- Good horse handling skills with a natural affinity for all things equine
- Strong communicator able to converse easily with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- 28 days holiday which increases with length of service
- Funded RCVS membership
- Pension Scheme & Health Care Cash Plan Scheme
- Generous CPD allowance
- Generous company discounts
- Full and unwavering support towards Certificates and career development
- Free parking and branded uniform
Finding the right person to fit into our team is very important to us so please get in contact with any questions or submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org