This role will support our clinician led member buying teams to deliver a professional and highly valuable procurement service within the XLVets community.
XLVets is a membership organisation made up of independently owned veterinary practices across the UK, that work together to achieve the highest standards of veterinary care. The XLVets vision is that by working together we can achieve so much more. The mission of XLVets is:
To provide leadership for the community of XLVets, fostering the environment and skills required for effective collaboration, acting in governance for the growth and protection of the brand
The provision of market leading services that are highly valued by member practices and which support them to excel in a changing marketplace.
XLVets has a set of values which determine who we are and how we get things done. The five values are: honesty and integrity, teamwork, delivering excellence, taking initiative and having fun.
This role will be based in our Newcastle office, however will require regular UK wide business travel.
This role will be working as a member of the XLVet UK Ltd operations team, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- To be the key initial point of contact for suppliers to liaise with about product opportunities.
- To work with our member buying teams to review medicine procurement throughout the year according to a calendar set by them.
- To ensure that all buying terms are documented and a partnership contract is signed between XLVets and the supplier.
- To monitor purchasing trends, compliance and forecasting through working closely with our Business Intelligence Manager and Data Administrator.
- To attend and present alongside the member buying teams at our executive team meetings.
- To organise supplier meeting dates and locations.
- To attend all supplier meetings with our member buying teams across farm, small animal and equine.
- To set the agenda and objectives for the meeting in collaboration with the member buying teams.
- To produce a report in advance of each meeting with appropriate data to support decision making, an overview of the recent conversations and any XLVets initiatives or campaigns that are relevant.
- To record minutes, follow up actions and update the CRM system.
Additional Responsibilities of the Role
At XLVets we are a small and tightly knit team. We all take responsibility for making sure that the members of the XLVets community receive excellent service. We all therefore have a responsibility to answer the phones and member queries about a wide range of activity outside of our core roles. Most importantly we need people with the attitude that if they see something that needs doing they will take responsibility for making sure it gets done rather than wait to be told or for someone else to do it.
We run meetings for our members throughout the year across the UK and all members of the team have the opportunity to attend and support the delivery of these meetings.
Required experience and skills
- Experience of using G Suite
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Exceptional numeracy skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident approach and positive attitude
- Excellent data manipulation skills
Desired experience and skills
- A qualified veterinary surgeon
- Knowledge of the veterinary/pharmaceutical industry.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply qualification
- Procurement experience