An exciting opportunity has arisen for a recently qualified (6mths – 2 yrs’ months post qualified) Veterinary Surgeon looking to expand and develop their skills within both a busy hospital and branch environment. You will be joining a large, friendly and dedicated team who will provide you with the support and mentoring you need to develop your career in a thriving practice.
You will be given clinical freedom to manage and work up cases, with support and training from experienced vets. Mentoring is offered via designated internal staff and external support through the XLVets mentoring scheme. We actively encourage medical/surgical development for all stages in your career.
The role requires working on-site at our busy Hospital in Hook Norton and in time, occasional sole charge at Branch, with realistic 15-minute consults. OOH inclusion is required based on 1:10 continuous week of nights and 1:10 weekend of days on a rotational basis.
The ideal candidate must be a new graduate or have up to 2 years UK experience in a similar job role, hold a valid UK driving licence and be a team player with high clinical aspirations with the following key skills:-
• Preventive care patient planning
• Record keeping and attention to detail
• Ultrasound skills and techniques
• Working up cases and developing corresponding treatments
• Competitive salary up to £40k per annum dependant on experience
• 4-day week
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and Private Health Care
• Generous CPD allowance
• Exclusive company discounts and OOH rewards
• Comprehensive access to the XLVet community & resources
• Full and unwavering support towards Certificates and career development
• Free parking and branded uniform
This is a great opportunity for a good work/life balance, providing the time to join in with our vibrant local community & enjoy the fabulous Cotswolds. We have great local facilities, schools and lots of cosy pubs!
Please submit your CV or email further questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org