Dunmuir Veterinary Group (DVG) has an exciting new opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. DVG is an independent, progressive & friendly veterinary practice situated in the rural setting of Dumfries and Galloway - South West of Scotland.
We are a mixed practice with a broad base of both small and large animal clients (roughly a 50:50 split), including some equine, and as such, candidates are required to deliver the highest level of care to both small and large animals. DVG offer a number of CPD courses, through XL Vets – complimenting the competitive salary and attractive benefits package candidates will be offered.
DVG have a host of facilities including:
- In-house Laboratory – with Abaxis CBC & biochemistry machines, vetscan urinalysis, microscopes, centrifuge and automatic blood pressure machine;
- Digital x-rays;
- Full range of dental equipment including a new scaler & drill;
- Philips HD ultra-sounding machine with full ability for echocardiogram;
- Two consulting rooms;
- Theatre with separate preparation room;
- Large animal room for preforming surgeries;
- Three large animal ultrasound scanners/easy scanners;
- Fully Hydraulic cattle crush; and
- A full range of fertility equipment.
DVG are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic mixed animal vet with a passion for veterinary medicine. Successful candidates will join a fantastic and supportive team of four dedicated vets and five support staff, serving an excellent clientele.
Benefits to these positions include:
- Work vehicle;
- Mobile phone;
- 28 days holiday;
- Access to XL Vet CPD courses; and
- RCVS, BVA & BVS fees covered.
- Driving License;
- Good communications skills;
- The ability to work independently; and
- A passion for the job.
- Two years or more qualified; and
- Worked in both large and small animal medicine.
DVG is situated in the rural setting of Castle Douglas, a popular food town in Dumfries & Galloway. Dumfries & Galloway offers an array of outdoor activities from walking in the Galloway hills, mountain biking in five of the Seven Stanes routes to sailing and other water activities on Loch Ken (only 7 miles from the Practice). Castle Douglas is ideally situated for travel around Scotland, Northern England and Ireland with Edinburgh and Glasgow only two hours away by car, Carlisle less than an hour’s drive and ferries to Belfast leaving frequently from Cairnryan, only 90 minutes drive from Castle Douglas. Dumfries is the nearest large town, only 20 minutes away, offering high street shops, restaurants, pubs & bars, cinema, pool hall and various walks along the river Nith.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your CV and learning all about you and the skills you can bring to DVG.