Would you like to work for a well-established, independent practice operating out of state of the art, well equipped surgery / barn conversion in the heart of the stunning Pendle in Lancashire?
Due to needing maternity cover and the business getting busier we require a 6th Vet to join our friendly 5 vet team.
Our clients are a great mix of dairy, extensive and pedigree beef and sheep, pleasant small holders and sports and leisure horses.
- We are a well-established practice giving great job security.
- We are independent giving you freedom of choice and no sales targets.
- Although we provide our own in-house on-call service, we strive to maintain a healthy work life balance.
- With the imminent move our new premises – you will enjoy great facilities for equine workups and farm animal surgery.
- You will be working within an experienced long standing team including an Advanced Practitioner and supportive director.
- Clinical freedom and development of your own role, interests and client base is encouraged.
- All vets have a half day off every week.
- Stanley House have been voted Pendle’s Employer of the Year in 2016 and shortlisted again in 2018.
- We are highly commended in the SPVS Wellbeing Awards and are committed to providing a happy, fulfilling working environment; work-life balance is very important to us all!
- The successful candidate will be provided with a new 4×4 vehicle, laptop and a great package including
- Out of hours work is not onerous with help always available.
- Salary is commensurate dependent on experience.
- Generous CPD allowance
- Accommodation is currently available.
- Paid subscriptions (BVA, VDS, BEVA/BCVA)
- Corporate gym membership
- Sovereign health Care membership along with an Employee Assistance Program
- In-house recognition scheme
- Staff pets are treated at cost (with in reason)
- And of course you are welcome to bring your dog to work
Duties are one set weeknight per week, one weekend in five full duty, and one weekend on backup. Part time / job share working would also be considered.
Although experience would be welcomed, we also have a great track record for supporting new and recent graduates.
Informal enquiries are welcome, including the opportunity to chat to our existing employees.
About the area
We do think it’s important to help employees, especially someone new to the area, find a good work life balance and Pendle offers a wide variety of leisure activities.
For walking and hiking enthusiasts we are situated in the north east of Lancashire, nestling between the Ribble Valley and the Pennine Way, Pendle is a largely rural area dominated by the iconic Pendle Hill. The Forest of Bowland, an area of outstanding natural beauty, is on our door step and the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Bronte Country are all within easy reach.
We have two golf courses in Pendle and a sailing club on Burwains reservoir.
The area is home to cycling Olympian and world champion, Steven Burke MBE and for the cycling enthusiast there is a cycling club that meets regularly at the Steven Burke closed road cycle circuit. There’s also the annual Colne Grand Prix cycle race. For the more extreme off-road biking there are plenty of trails at Gisburn Forest approximately 8 miles away from Colne.
The area also boasts a premier league football team!
Our corporate gym membership gives access to 4 gyms plus you can also use a further 13 leisure centres throughout East Lancashire, including fun pools and you can also receive discounts on spa treatments.
For people who enjoy city life, the vibrant cities of Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds are within easy reach by road or public transport and offer excellent shopping and night life.
We also have fantastic access to the motorway network and major airports.
Find out more at www.visitpendle.com
You can send your CV by email to: email@example.com
If you have any queries, please phone Liz: 01282 860650.