Exciting opportunities have arisen for enthusiastic individuals to be part of our Veterinary Nursing Technician team at Torch Farm & Equine Vets based in North Devon.
We have roles to suit candidates of varying experience. The roles hold an equine bias but will also include a significant amount of work supporting the farm animal team. We are a progressive independent practice in one of the most beautiful parts of England.
Duties will include:
- Working under the supervision of veterinary surgeons to provide nursing care for hospitalised, medical and surgical cases.
- Stable yard duties and handling and lunging fit horses to assist with lameness examinations.
- Preparation and maintenance of surgical theatre and diagnostic equipment.
- Dispensing and administering medicines under the supervision of the veterinary surgeons.
- Undertaking laboratory testing.
- Assisting our team of vets whilst ‘on the road’, carrying out medical and surgical procedures.
- Flexibility to assist reception, administration and pharmacy teams in a growing farm and equine practice where everyone is valued for their contribution.
- Participating in an OOH evening and weekend on call rota (from home) for emergency cases as part of a team. Successful candidates will be required to live within 30 minutes of Mullacott Veterinary Practice.
- Some cover and crossover with our existing team of 5 Farm Animal Technicians based at other locations.
- Opportunities to develop areas of interest within the equine or farm team for example equine stud work/dairy parlour assessments.
The successful candidates will have the flexibility to adapt to different situations in a calm, sensitive and diplomatic manner, but also have the enthusiasm, drive and organisational skills to work within a team and be happy to work alone when necessary. If you are a self-motivated individual with excellent communication and time management skills, who has a passion for learning and the determination to succeed within veterinary practice, this position at Torch Farm and Equine could be the one for you.
Skills and qualifications:
- Competent in all aspects of equine husbandry
- Qualified R-SQP, AMTRA training or equivalent will be advantageous.
- Minimum Grade C GCSE or equivalent in at least 3 subjects including Maths & English
- EVN or RVN qualification will be advantageous but not essential
- Full clean UK driving license
Torch Farm and Equine Vets is a well- established and respected independently owned veterinary practice. We enjoy excellent staff retention and have a fun, progressive environment where a good work life balance is important. Living in North Devon gives easy access to Exmoor and some of the best beaches in the country.
Competitive salary available based on experience and qualifications. Positions are full time (40 hours per week) plus on call OOH, but flexibility is available for those looking for part time working. Hours will be on a rota basis and include 1:5 weekends. On site accommodation may be available if required.
To apply, please complete the application form and return with a covering letter to HR Manager email@example.com by 27 January 2021.
For more information or to request a job description, please contact Heather by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01271 370995 / 07741 241934.