Hook Norton Veterinary Group is an independent practice that offers dedicated small animal, equine & farm veterinary care, across a wide geographical area. Our RCVS equine accredited practice is based on the outskirts of Hook Norton, with excellent transport links nearby to London and Birmingham (only 1 hour away). We have state of the art equipment, allowing us to offer ‘Gold Standard’ veterinary care. At HNVG, we pride ourselves on our client retention and clinical decision making, rather than focusing solely on achieving rigid sales targets.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Equine Veterinary Surgeon, ideally with an interest in Dentistry (part-time position considered for a candidate with additional dentistry qualifications), to join our expanding equine team currently composed of 7 Equine Vets and 5 Equine Nurses. We have full clinic and surgical facilities and all the usual toys (DR, gastroscope, ultrasound, video endoscope, surgical laser). We have a good sports horse base, as well as racing yards, studs and pleasure horses. This job role will require working from our Hook Norton Surgery
THE JOB ROLE
You will be given clinical freedom to manage and work up cases individually (with support and training from experienced vets, should the need arise). If needed, mentoring can be offered via a designated internal staff member and external support is provided through XLVets. We actively encourage medical/surgical development for all stages of your career. CPD is actively encouraged and funded and we would be particularly keen to encourage the successful applicant to expand the dentistry services we are able to offer. We are looking for someone with passion and enthusiasm to join our happy, friendly team, with a work hard play hard ethos!
• Have additional dentistry qualifications, or an interest in Dentistry and be willing to expand your knowledge and skill-set
• The ideal candidate must have a clean driving license
• The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar job role
• Ability to hit the ground running, self-motivated and confident
• Diligent and a team player
• Strong communicator able to converse easily with clients and colleagues at all levels
• Competitive salary £40-£50k per annum, commensurate with experience
• 4.5 day week with the Friday off following a weekend on call (Part time considered for candidate with additional dentistry qualifications)
• Enhanced holiday entitlement
• Generous CPD allowance
• Private Health Care
• Exclusive company discounts
• Comprehensive access to the XLVet community & resources
• Full and unwavering support towards Certificates and career development
• Branded uniform
This is an excellent opportunity for a good work/life balance, providing the time to join in with our vibrant local community & enjoy the fabulous Cotswolds. We have great local facilities, schools and lots of cosy pubs!
For more information about the practice, please look through our website. Please submit your CV or email further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org